Monday, February 13, 2006

now we're up to sixteen.

.. lectures, that is. Lectures 14, 15, and 16 from last week and today are up for download at the usual place. Be warned:
  1. In case the resolution looks a little strange, the original paper notes were on blue paper (it was the only 3-hole punch paper I could find without paying for it) and I saved these notes as greyscale JPEG graphics and then PDF files.

  2. I oscillated with what the 'k' means in the definition of a CAT(k) space .. that is, if it is a nonpositive or a nonnegative parameter. The meaning, I hope, should be understood.

  3. The latest lecture may be error prone. Mario himself refers to it as "the hardest theorem in elementary mathematics," and I might agree with him. It's a tricky manipulation of symbols, and now I know how my Calculus II students from yesteryear must have felt! q:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home